There are lots of ways to build your own online business, but some are definitely more effective than others.
What if I told you that there are only 4 steps to finding home business success?
If you have the best training, support, and tools available, it becomes even easier.
Step 1 – Choose an Interest
Choosing an interest is actually going to be the most difficult part of the whole process.
If you’re already building your own home business, you don’t have to worry about choosing an interest and the hard-work is already done!
For those of you who don’t already have an interest, or a ‘niche’, you’re going to want to pick something that you’re already interested in. Not only will this make writing content a lot easier, but it will also make it more enjoyable while you’re learning the process.
Once you have your interest selected, you have to narrow it down even further by picking just one facet of whatever that interest is.
If you picked a sport for instance you could narrow it down to types of gear, betting, or even tickets. It would be much more difficult to attempt to tackle a website covering everything all at once, and this is why it is better to focus on only one topic at a time.
Step 2 – Build a Website
Building a website used to be a complicated process, but over time has evolved into something pretty simple in comparison.
A CMS takes away the need for any kind of coding knowledge what-so-ever. Most Content Management Systems give you access to a ton of free templates as well as a plethora of useful plugins.
If you’ve never tried building your own site, now is definitely the time to jump in.
It all starts here!
It’s as simple as picking a name and doing it!
Step 3 – Get Rankings / Visitors
Getting “rankings” directly translates into acquiring visitors – this process is generally referred to as Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
SEO is one of the keys to your success online, and without having a good grasp of the concept, combined with the ability to utilize proper tools, you will have a very hard time ranking well.
Wealthy Affiliate offers in-depth training on how to most effectively rank a website, but the basic idea is pretty simple:
- Find a high-quality keyword – Keywords are phrases that your potential audience will type in to a search engine to find your post. Without a strong selection of keywords, your potential audience will be a lot less than it could be.
- Use that keyword – Although it might seem like a good idea to use a whole bunch of keywords for one post or page, it’s actually better to focus only on one. You should always fit it in as naturally as possible, and only place it in the content a few times as well as in the proper “meta” areas.
- Rinse and Repeat – For every post and page you write, you should have a keyword which it is targeted towards. You should try to write at least 1 post a day to keep the search engines happy.
This will be a continual process as you create content for your website. Over time you will notice it becoming habit, and your posts will start reaching more and more people.
Step 4 – Monetize + Earn Revenue
Depending on your niche, there will be numerous affiliate programs from which you can source products from to market. These companies will then pay you a reasonable commission for each sale.
You could go about the monetization process a few ways.
- PPC – Pay-Per-Click advertising is a decent way to generate a revenue with a website. Although it’s on the lower-end of the scale, the revenue does add up over time. Google AdSense is the best method of PPC advertisement
- Affiliate Programs – This is the most lucrative avenue for monetizing a website. Almost any company you can think of will have an affiliate program, from Apple to Bass Pro Shops and everything inbetween. There are also numerous affiliate networks which host a lot of these programs, the main ones being Commission Junction and LinkShare
- Amazon & Ebay – Both of these auctioning/market giants will offer you a part of their commission to market items found in their listings. Amazon hosts various name-brand products for a lot cheaper than you can find anywhere else!
Once your website has been monetized you will be well on your way to making your home business a success! Just keep posting fresh high-quality content daily and I can almost guarantee that you will see results.
BONUS Step – Vacation!
Once your paychecks start rolling in, you’ll have a level of financial freedom which might even allow you to do some splurging.
You might even be able to take that vacation you’ve always wanted – and get paid while you do it!
Even if you don’t want that vacation, you will have the freedom to do what you want, when you want! And the only person you will be calling “boss” is yourself!
If you are really serious about making this all happen, you absolutely have to join Wealthy Affiliate and learn everything they teach. I mean, watch every video, complete every course, ask as many questions as possible.
There is a plethora of other programs out there who will promise you all sorts of riches, but they want you to spend $6000 first, and then there is still no guarantee that you’ll get that initial “investment” back.
With Wealthy Affiliate the results aren’t guaranteed, but if you put the time and dedication into building your own online business, there’s no telling what can happen.